Here’s another of Our Dear Leaders, powered by hot air, telling us what to expect from today’s meeting on the Eurozone crisis:
“The situation requires full engagement by everyone at the summit, and I believe we will have it. Nobody should be under any illusion… The situation is very serious.” He urged participants to show “the ethics of European responsibility” and said that the minimum to be achieved should be to provide clarity on:
– Measures to ensure the sustainability of Greek public finances;
– Feasibility and limits of Private Sector Involvement;
– Scope for more flexible action through the European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF);
– Repair of the banking sector;
– Measures to ensure the provision of liquidity to the banking system.
He also announced the creation of a task force for Greece to stimulate growth. I’m sure the Greeks will be delighted at this turnaround in their fortunes.
So, the British taxpayers will again be bailing out the bankers of other countries as well as our own. It’s madness to have let it got so far. The European Union – too big to fail. One-world government, one-world currency, impoverished serfdom await us all.
UPDATE (already!): From EU Observer France & Germany agree a deal – bank levy “looks most likely option”. That, of course will be welcomed by banker bashers but it won’t solve the problem, costs will be passed down the chain and money will be siphoned off into the EU’s own coffers for self-promotion.